Physical therapy is a professional specialty that encompasses the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of disease and injury that limits physical mobility. Physical therapists work in doctor's offices, hospitals, rehabilitation centers, and in private practice. Physical therapy is a challenging career and one that fulfills an important role in the lives of patients.
Pre-physical therapy is not a major at SIU. As a pre-physical therapy student, you are indicating your intention to apply to physical therapy schools. Students will need to select a major in which to earn a degree at SIU. Popular majors include Biological Sciences, Physiology, and Exercise Science.
The pre-physical therapy curriculum includes those classes required by most DPT programs for direct entry. SIU's pre-physical therapy curriculum will fully prepare students to apply to physical therapy programs across the country.
View SIU's Pre-Physical Therapy curriculum. (pdf)
Pre-Physical Therapy information links
Regional Schools of Physical Therapy
- Bradley University PT Program
- Governor’s State University
- Midwestern University PT Program
- Feinberg School of Medicine at Northwestern University
- Rosalind Franklin University (Formerly Chicago Medical School)
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- Northern Illinois University
- Washington University PT Program
- St. Louis University PT Program
- University of Evansville Physical Therapy Program