Students are able to choose from a wide variety of majors and enter graduate level programs in public health—Biological sciences/biomed track, Microbiology, Health Education, Health Care Management, etc. Courses in microbiology, biostatistics, epidemiology and global health are helpful at the undergraduate level. Areas of concentration for many graduate-level public health programs include biostatistics, epidemiology, behavioral science/health promotion, health management and policy, environmental/occupational health, and biosecurity/ disaster preparedness.
Undergraduate degrees in public health are also appropriate for virtually any pre-health professional school. See the Health Professions Advisor for more information.
Regional Programs of Public Health
- SIUC Undergraduate programs in Public Health, College of Education
- SIUC Graduate programs in Public Health, College of Education
- St. Louis University School of Public Health
- University of Illinois at Chicago School of Public Health
- University of Louisville School of Public Health